Ok, let’s begin this journey!
From your starting point (usually, it’s either Kilimanjaro airport or Arusha airport or Arusha town), it takes about 2-3 hours to get there.
1. On the way to Tarangire National Park, view from the window
I really recommend not to skip this park, since Tarangire National Park is definitely worth visiting. You can see herds of elephants and lots of baobab trees. You can see various types of antelopes, even maybe a lion, if lucky. Since we were there during dry season, all the trees were without leaves, but anyway the landscape is really beautiful there.
2. Baobab tree
I would say that this park looked very quiet and relaxed, all the animals were a bit of lazy, and for the first day in Africa it was exactly what we needed. Just to get used to the surroundings and feel comfortable about safari.
3. A herd of Wildebeests
4. Two brothers are talking to each other
5. A male Impala gazelle
6. A female Impala
7. Young female Impala
8. A herd of Elephants
9. Elephant baby
10. Close up! These liquid “lines” on his cheeks are glands telling that the elephant is ready to mate.
12. A big male Elephant
13. Another herd of Elephants
14. Dry river landscape
15. A male Common Waterbuck
16. Kirk’s Dik Dik
17. Derriere of Kirk’s Dik Dik
18. Lilac-Breasted Roller
19. One of my favorite animals: Warthog! They are so funny to watch 🙂 This one is standing on his knees because his head is too heavy, so he doesn’t have to bend his neck.
21. Another landscape
22. Elephants crossing the road